How to cut your energy bills… top tipsTuesday, Mar 3, 2015
1. Turn down your central heating thermostat by 1 degree. In doing this, you could save up to £55 per year.
2. Get thermostatic valves fitted on your radiators. This will help you to control the heat in a room and could reduce the energy your boiler uses up by 40%
3. According to the Energy Savings Trust, fitting a new A rated boiler should save you as much as £490 per year. Have a look at our installations page http://www.my-plumber.co.uk/boilers/boiler_installation for more information
4. Use appropriate draught excluders around the doors, letterbox, and windows.
5. Lower your hot water temperature. It show be at 60 degrees centigrade (140 degrees fahrenheit).
6. Insulate your hot water tank with a new jacket. It should be 75mm thick to be effective.
7. Get a programmer for your boiler so that you can set the times that the boiler is on. You can be a real techie and use a intelligent programmer so that you can turn the heating on before you leave work! See our blog on the three top intelligent programmers: http://www.my-plumber.co.uk/blog/?p=154.
8. Improve energy efficiency by installing loft insulation or cavity wall insulation. This could help reduce heatloss by up to 30%.
9. Ensure that you get your boiler serviced annually. Have a look at the variety of boiler service offered by My Plumber: http://www.my-plumber.co.uk/boilers/london_boiler_servicing
10. Instead of having a bath, have a shower. If you have a bath every day, you will use upto 13,000 litres more water per year than a short shower.
Gasforce Plumbers will fix your old boiler or fit a new boiler. Go to www.gasforceplumbers.com or call us on 07790766744. Also, you can email us on email@example.com.